blogger award and a book meme tag

Wednesday 7 May 2008

well just about every blog I read has received the excellent blog award, so I am very chuffed to be nominated by Colette from Sew Tessuti - now I feel like part of the cool gang! I think every blogger is pretty amazing, to take the time to share their creations and knowledge to the world at large is pretty special, so in my mind I give every blog over there on my side bar but here's a shout out to these three:

http://incurablehomebody.wordpress.com/ - this is a new blog I found recently, and I love the colour mixing of the lovely clothes and the amazing photography, plus I totally emphathise with the homebody bit!

http://twopeopleonebrain.blogspot.com/ - the two lovely ladies who blog here make fantastic vintage style dresses, plus they have great Aussie humour in their posts

http://chronicallyuncool.blogspot.com/ - Jenny is giving the most amazing amount of detail in her quest to sew her own retro swimsuit


So, on to the book meme tag. Vicki over at hongkongshopper just discovered me yesterday and already she's got me working! I don't know about these new readers and their demanding behaviour (just kidding!) The rules are:

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Turn to page 123
3.Find the fifth sentence
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people and acknowledge who tagged you.

The books closest to my computer are my husband's university texts (anyone interested in land valuation methods? didn't think so), but the next closest book in my bedroom would be the one I am currently reading - the George Orwell classic Animal Farm. I haven't read this since high school, but I found it in an op shop for 25c so had to buy. It was originally purchased on Saturday May 24 1971 at Essendon Airport by one Sarah Baker, according to her lovely script on the inside cover - she bought this before I was born but now I am enjoying re-reading it.

There's actually only 120 pages in this book (!) so I already fail, but I'll go to page 23 instead. The three sentences after the fifth sentence are:

They explained that by their studies of the past three months the pigs had succeeded in reducing the principles of Animalism to Seven Commandments. These Seven Commandments would now be inscribed on the wall; they would form an ulaterable law by which all the animals on Animal Farm must live for ever after. With some difficulty (for it is not easy for a pig to balance himself on a ladder) Snowball climbed up and set to work, with Squealer a few rungs below him holding the paint pot.

In case you're interested, the seven commandments of the Animal Farm are:

1. Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
2. Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
3. No animal shall wear clothes.
4. No animal shall sleep in a bed.
5. No animal shall drink alcohol.
6. No animal shall kill any other animal.
7. All animals are equal.

hmm, that George Orwell, so smart......

Anyway, I'm supposed to tag 5 more people, but since I've broken one rule I'll break another. I'm a bit shy at sending these things on since I don't personally know other bloggers and I don't know if they dislike these chain mail type of things (I don't really, but I don't know about others).

Stay tuned for a regular post shortly - I have finished another vintage pattern that I will be posting soon!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing along. You can ignore these but it is a good way to find new blogs. That is how I found yours (via the excellent blog award). And it is nice to "know" a few Aussies!

    ReplyDelete